Barry M Nail Paints: 310 Mushroom Review

Bonjour,

Today I thought I would review the Barry M nail paint that I used in yesterdays tutorial, however it's only going to have the application bit in it because I'm going to do a post in a few days time about how well that look lasted and whether I will do it again.

So, the colour I am reviewing is the colour 310 Mushroom.

This colour is available direct from Barry M, Boots or Superdrug and I'm sure that many other drug stores stock their products too. This is available for just £2.99 in the UK which is amazing for such a good product.

I actually bought this product quite a long time ago most likely 2011 because I had seen and heard about the limited edition Les Khakis de Chanel which had been released the year before. I loved them but I never really painted my nails very much, I was only 13/14 at the time, wasn't very into beauty and even now there is no way I could justify spending £19 on a nail polish when money is so tight. When I saw this a year later (it was probably out before this I just never bothered looking) it seemed like an almost exact dupe for khaki brun and so I just had to have it not only for me but for my mummy since she was lusting over this the year before just as much as me.

Right, time to get down to the nitty gritty. This stuff is AMAZING there is no other word to describe it, you can tell as soon as you open the lid that it's going to be one of the best things you have ever had on your nails, it's so thick but at the same time not gloopy. Once you have a base coat on (always advised to avoid staining) you can get away with just one coat and it covers your nails without the colour being patchy, missing in places or having that clear effect at the ends. However, if you decide to go the whole hog and do two coats you will get a lovely finish which is almost that of a gel manicure. No matter how many coats you decide to put on it has a lovely shine even without a top coat. Once you have added a top coat its as shiny and smooth as a new car. It's long lasting too, you can easily get 5-7 days wear from it although it does begin to chip a little round the edges towards the end of the week.

One of the few problems I found with it was that when you want to clean up after you have painted it's a nightmare to get off round the edges but I suppose that's a good thing because it means it won't come off your nails straight away. The only other problem is that with a base coat, two coats of colour and a top coat it takes a while to dry but then seems like it is dry after a good 10-20 minutes but actually it's still very wet underneath meaning it's easy to smudge.

So overall, this is a lovely polish just make sure it's completely dry before you try to do too much and be careful not to get it on your fingers too much.

Hope you have all enjoyed, I am aware that this product has been out a long time but I have found from reading beauty blogs that bloggers very often only review "in" products and don't do in depth reviews on the basic products that everyone loves. I also want to make sure that I feature cheap products and not ones that people only have because they have been sent to them for free meaning that the rest of us will have to sell an arm and a leg to buy.

Look out for another nail related review tomorrow.
Maddie x


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment because I'd love to know what you all think and any tips you have :)

But remember to play nice, If I see anyone hating on another person or myself your comment will be removed. How would you feel if it was you?